Find Data - Instantly!
When the phone is ringing or a line of customers are standing right in front
of you--we understand that you need to be able to view, enter, and if necessary,
find data--any data--fast. One of the greatest strengths of OneSource is the
ability to display pertinent data on each screen, link to related data with
1 click, or search and find the data you need--fast!
The following links provide an overview of the various searching features included
OneSource to Enter, Find & Analyze Data
OneSource can truly become your single source to input, manage and find the following types of data:
- Customers & Suppliers + unlimited contacts for each
- Prospects & Leads + unlimited contacts for each
- Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices
- Activities: Meetings, Calls, Deliveries, Tasks, etc.
- Jobs, Projects, Service Contracts
- Inventory Items, Unlimited Pricing Options per Item or Item Type / Per Customer
- Purchase Orders
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Banking / Checking
- General Ledger, Financial Reports
- Documents: Proposals, Letters, E-Mails, Faxes, etc.
Data where you need it, when you need it.
It's one thing to be able to find data fast, but it's even better to not have
to search for data at all. Most OneSource data entry screens (Quotes, Sales
Orders, Invoices, Customers, Inventory, etc.) provide virtually all pertinent
data to perform the function that you are doing right on the same screen--preventing
the need to go looking for data in the first place. Another common trait of
nearly every screen is the the ability to find related data with 1 click using
the magnifying glass icon.
Finding data with a Simple or Refined Search
- Using a menu option (or a function key, such
as F3, F4, etc...) the Simple Search form is immediately displayed with the
type of data you want to search.
- Each keystroke immediately filters the search
list to the closest record matching the criteria entered in the search field.
(This typically allows a record to be located and displayed with only 2 or
- To speed up the searching process, the system memorizes and displays your
last Search By criteria.
- By clicking on the "Refined Search" button, you can immediately
define, on the fly, which columns will be searched and how the search will
be performed (such as begins with, contains, etc.)
Finding data using a right click filter--on any field.
Right click on virtually any field on any screen to use context sensitive tools
(as illustrated above) to immediately find or sort data of that type, including:
- Filter By Selection: Find all records that have the same value that you have highlighted.
- Filter Excluding Selection: Find all records Excluding the value that you
- Filter For: Find all records that have an exact value, a value that begins
with..., a value that ends with, a value that is contained anywhere in the
- Sort Ascending: Sort all records in ascending order.
- Sort Descending: Sort all records in descending order.
Finding data using the instant spreadsheet view.
Press F11 on almost any form to instantly view a summarized spreadsheet type of view of all records contained in the filter/search. Use right click filters or sorting to narrow your search with a single click.
Performing Advanced Queries
You can open or create any number of advanced queries, displaying the exact fields, based on your exact criteria, based on a combination of one or more tables. The result can then be viewed, printed, saved or used as a data source for a form or report.
For more information how to Find Data - Instantly!
with OneSource, please contact a sales
or customer service representative at OneSource
Software Solutions at (801) 748-4804.