Frequently Asked Questions
(1) How long does it take to be up and running with
OneSource and what is the process?
Your business can typically be up and running with our "turn-key startup services" within 2-8 weeks, depending on our schedule and your needs.
We typically perform the following 3 steps prior to your designated "go live" date:
- Step 1: OneSource Installation / Configuration: A project manager will work directly with your personnel to properly setup and configure OneSource to your specific business needs and processes.
- Step 2: Data Conversion: We provide turn-key data conversion service options to import your customers, suppliers, pricing, inventory items/levels, past sales history, open AR, etc. This is all performed to your satisfaction--prior to the "go live" date.
- Step 3: User Training: We provide a printed "QuickStart Users Guide", several online .PDF user manuals, and a "Virtual Training CD" (with over 9 hours of individual A-Z training topics) to each user. These training materials allow your personnel the flexibility to access training on OneSource software at times convenient to their schedule. We also provide very customized training directly to your designated OneSource Administrator and/or to groups of individuals (with similar job descriptions) to assure that your personnel are adequately trained and confident prior to going live with OneSource software.
Bottom line--we work around your schedule and your time constraints to assure that when you "go live", your personnel are properly trained and your data is pre-imported into OneSource. We also schedule additional time to be readily available on the first day of real time use, should you have any questions or issues. We understand that switching from one accounting software application to another is never 100% painless. However, we take the steps necessary to make it as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
(4) What types of payment terms are available?
- Company Check / Money Order.
- Credit Card. (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover)
- Business Lease. Lease OneSource for 36 months (first and last two payments down), OAC.
(12) What is the core database that holds the data in OneSource and what
kind of power does it have?
OneSource is designed in MS Access and MS Visual Basic for Applications. Microsoft
has specified that MS Access can store 4 billion records per table and can have
up to 256 concurrent users. However, realistically, MS Access can store,
search and retrieve 1,000,000s of records with relative ease. MS Access
can also realistically handle a total of between 20-30 simultaneous users. (The
primary factors that effect overall performance varies depending on the overall
level of simultaneous use, the types of use, the speed of your network connection
and the power of the hardware being used).
(13) Can OneSource be used with an MS SQL Server?
Yes. Version 3.8x can now be used with an MS SQL Server.